135 Watts Street | Tribeca, NYC | 1891
Masonry structure with granite, sandstone and yellow brick façade and ornamental copper- lined gables and dormers
An individually designated New York City Landmark, 135 Watts Street is more commonly known as the Fleming Smith Warehouse. The building was designed by Stephen Decatur Hatch, architect of the Princeton Club and the New York Life Building. With its distinctive Neo-Flemish and Romanesque Revival features, the Fleming Smith Warehouse was Tribeca’s first commercial building to be converted to residential use. Working closely with representatives from Marvin Windows, Kamen Tall Architects assisted in designing a historically appropriate arched window replacement with egress opening and completed the required Landmarks Preservation Commission’s application.